Pitching to Publishers
A hybrid drawing and worker-placement game, in which players use spatial relations skills to gather resources and then outthink their opponents to earn upgrades and victory points.
The captain has gotten into the grog, and might not be giving the most trustworthy orders. Even so: you must venture forth, salvage what you can from the sea, and shrewdly trade what you find for profit!
- A drawing mechanism adds a skill element to gathering resources
- A variant of worker placement and action selection keeps all options open, but at variable cost due to supply and demand
- Simultaneous play minimizes downtime and game length
- Alternate maps add variety from one game to the next
- Engine building options include increasing capacity for resource gathering, adding crew for trading capability, or building cannons to fend off pirate attacks